Thursday, November 12, 2015

Whoever Invented Backseat Speaker Deserves Eternal Hell

I'll never forget the first time I experienced the noise from a backseat speaker. I had just buckled into my in-laws' car and the blast almost blasted me through the roof. I let out a scream from the pain, and they innocently asked what was wrong. From the time they had gotten their new car, nobody had ever sat in back, and I was the first one to have experienced/suffered the noise from that speaker.


Those in the front seat didn't find it loud, but it blasted into my ears most painfully. In Israel I traveled by bus mostly, and cars there hadn't yet been equipped with them. Afterwards, they too had them, and the torture became international.

In recent years I hadn't had the bad experiences, that is until very recently, when twice in the space of a week I found myself traveling with fingers in my ears.

It's clear that whoever came up with that invention never had to travel with it on while sitting in the backseat.

No comments: