Saturday, November 14, 2015

Food Great, Service Eh

Many of us miss the "Cup of (Café) Joe" that was on the corner of Jabotinsky and Keren Hayesod in Jerusalem, but apparently not enough of us ate there, so it closed. Now there's a new dairy restaurant called "Mulino" at the same location, 38 Keren Hayesod, Jerusalem Tel: 02-5610555, Kashrut: Rabbanut Yerushalayim, Mehadrin Chatam Sofer. Some friends and I met there just over a week ago. The restaurant was pretty empty, but it may have been the weather and the season and the fact that not everyone is comfortable wandering around nowadays.

The menu is the usual dairy, Italian style which is very popular in Israel. They had a nice variety of salads. I ordered the "Market Salad." Friends ordered the "Mulino Salad" (I think that was the name-it had fruit and nuts) to share, and the waiter mixed up our orders. Even after I asked him if what was in front of me was the "Market Salad," he said yes, but luckily someone came and told him they got it wrong, because my friends were concerned, since they hadn't ordered a salad with cheese.

The "Market Salad" was delicious!
It also took them ages to remember to bring us water. Maybe it was just a bad day and new staff. But everyone was polite and friendly. My friends didn't really care about the mix-up. The prices were reasonable for central Jerusalem, and as I said before everyone in my group loved the food. If you're an eLuna member you get a discount if you bring the coupon. Give it a try if you're in the area.

No comments: