Thursday, January 01, 2015

Touring The Israel Museum

I've been visiting the Israel Museum for forty-five 45 years, ever since I came to Israel as a student the summer of 1969. Before all the expansions, I knew it very, very well, but until this week I don't remember ever doing/attending one of their tours. They offer all sorts of "gallery tours;" check the museum site.

The theme of this one was the various art medium featured in the museum. We saw video, paintings, photography, micro-mosaics, textile and more. Here are some photos I took.












There is so much to see in the Israel Museum, you now need either a very long day or more than one visit to see it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great post on the Israel Museum! We love going there as it is even great for kids! You are so right about the amount of time it takes to go through. We have been several times since 2003 and I am still not sure I have seen it all! For anyone wishing to take their kids, go on Tues. all kids are FREE!!!! And it opens later so it is a perfect after school activity rain or shine.

Eliana

Batya said...

Eliana, thanks! I think it's probably the most child friendly "regular" museum in the world. I used to take my kids when they were little, and I've taken the grandkids, too.

Jennifer Tzivia MacLeod said...

This post has been included in Haveil Havalim: The Vayechi Vantage. Stop by, check it out, pass it along!