Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cheap, Easy and Comfy Way to "Thermalize" and "Waterproof" Boots

Last week, when it was cold and threatening rain I had been wearing some warm, though not waterproof old boots in the house. They are very old and look awful, and I use them as slippers on cold winter days. It wasn't until I was out of the house and on my way to the bus-stop that I realized that I hadn't changed into my good heavy rain-boots.

My job requires me to be outdoors some of the time, even if it's just going from the main part of the store to the shoe store, which is in a different building. So when I got to work, I decided to take preventative measures. I took off the boots and added plastic bags between them and my socks/tights. Then I put the boots back on.

My feet, so highly and uncomfortably sensitive to the cold stayed warmer than on a summer's day. For me that is a great pleasure and very rare. I suffer from chilblains, which can be described as a form of frostbite. After my feet get too cold and then reheat, they can swell, especially the toes. The same thing happens to my fingers.


No comments: