Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's More Than Just Selling Clothes

I trust that it's known that I work in Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin, the clothing for the entire family store that is part of the Rami Levi chain/business. 

Even though I'm just a part-time worker, many customers feel they know me and expect to see me when they come to shop.  It's amazing how many customers I know from other parts of my life.  One of the true bonuses of the job is seeing people, new and old friends and helping them to find just what they need in the store.

Last night a young many rushed in, calling to me as he passed:

"They were just perfect.  I'm here to buy more."

For the life of me I couldn't remember who he was or what he had bought, but he obviously remembered me.  As soon as I could I went to look for him and I saw him next to the women's cotton shirts.  I immediately remembered the story.  He had come in a few days before looking for something for his wife to wear in the hospital while awaiting the birth of their child, or possibly a multiple birth.  I hadn't asked for more details than that.  She didn't want to live in pyjamas, so he had been sent to get some comfortable tops.  Of course, he couldn't describe her size and I had the feeling that he had never bought her clothes before.

I'm glad he returned happy and wished them all good health.

No comments: