Monday, January 03, 2011

No Harm in Asking

Yesterday it took ages to get out of Sha'ar Binyamin, the shopping center just north of Jerusalem.  So, today when I was there I decided nothing to lose, no harm in asking, when I saw a neighbor in the Rami Levi discount supermarket and asked her for a ride.  She said "yes," so I had just enough time to pick up the two things I wanted and got home, straight to my house.  It couldn't have been any better.

Actually, the entire day went pretty well.  I got a ride to Jerusalem, walked from Shmuel Hanavi to downtown, made an appointment with the eye doctor for "in less than an hour," mailed the cd of pictures from the wedding, bought a gift for this week's wedding, saw the eye doctor, got my OK, made an appointment at the opticianss for next week, already picked out a possible frame, then walked back to Shmuel Hanavi to catch a bus to Sha'ar Binyamin for another appointment.

Maybe having a new job on the horizon is giving me added energy, G-d willing.

No comments: