Thursday, March 08, 2007

Winners, losers and visitors

IBA at the fair

Akiva sent me a notice about the latest JIBS Awards. Apparently, lots of jbloggers didn't like the recent ones for whatever reasons. As you can see from my sidebars, I did well in them; though I failed dismally in the original ones, the ones considered the more legitimate. So, call me "ambivalent."

Coming in dead last in all categories is a good reason to want to ignore them. I wasn't even nominated, to my knowledge, to the second year's competition. But if these jbloggers want to do it, I won't interfere.

Nuch a chosid is just posting occasionally now, and here's the latest, and a good one at that.

It's All Good Now rhymes about Purim.

And ziontrain rants about some jbloggers.

The torontopearl reviews the classic Crossing Delancey.

I may be the only one not following all that happens in the states, so if you want to know about the Libby business, read Soccer Dad. And here's the beak's version.

I'll end this with some post-Purim Torah from yitz.

4 comments:

Sara with NO H said...

Hey! At least you won something. You didn't have to make that "It was an honor just being nominated" speach. lol

Batya said...

True, I'm probably the only jblogger who thought it was a great contest.

Anonymous said...

Hey Batya, I think you should allow yourself the chance with the JIB's.
Don't forget its not the same categories, there's new categories for smaller blogs, and even if you don't win, as obviously a lot don't it helps gets you blog known.

You'll always be a 'winner' in my eyes, I know how much you comtribute.

Shalom Aaron
Visit: Bagelblogger

Batya said...

Well, bb, you can always nominate me.

Thanks for the support!!