Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Shiva ending and flowers at the last of the sun

purim 102
I've been popping in every day for a few minutes at the shiva house. It's strange. I was on the "Vaadat Klita" when they all arrived. And then at the funeral, I did the "kriyah," the knife cut on the mourner's clothes. I feel responsible. The clan enjoyed their 16 years here, but they're moving on. Within a short time, only the old woman, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother in her grave will remain in Shiloh.

Tonight's the last night of the shiva. Tomorrow morning they "get up" and go to the grave to say goodbye.

Walking home, the light was strange. It was that "last light" just before dusk. The pictures didn't come out very well, but they match my mood.
rose among the thorns
cactus
yellow flowers
unphotogetic roses
blue calanit

No comments: