Thursday, March 01, 2007

Remembering Miracles

This Shabbat is Parshat Zachor, when we are commanded by G-d to remember what Amalek did to the Jewish People. The Gematria (numerical values of Hebrew Letters) of Amalek is the same as that of "doubt." Amalek attacks us when we are weak.

Because of King Saul's sin there are still descendants of Amalek among us. Haman was descended from Amalek, and Mordechai from King Saul. Therefore Mordechai began the "tikkun," correction of King Saul's sin.

We are suffering from Arab terrorism, because we have been showing signs of weakness. Our politicians keep begging for "peace." Last night Kadima's Meir Shitrit was on the tv saying that we shouldn't leave any stone unturned in our quest for peace. Hogwash! That's weakness! There will never be peace if we're begging for it.

On Shiloh Musings, I posted pictures of the place of the terror attack where I was injured. It's "that time of the year."

2 comments:

Alan aka Avrum ben Avrum said...

Dear Muse,

Hi! First time here for me. I read your comment on West Bank Mama. I hope you have an easy fast!

I am,

Very Sincerely Yours,

Alan D. Busch

Batya said...

Thank you! And please visit again.