Sunday, March 04, 2007

Purim update, 3/4 Megilla Readings Heard, One more to go!

Purim in Shiloh, every year something new.
This year I've been going to hear the megillah by a neighbor whose existence is a miracle. A few years ago, we were all called to a special prayer meeting to pray for his health, and Baruch Hashem, he's alive... and well enough to read the megillah. Three down and one to go. It's exhausting enough listening to it; I'm sure that reading is a real strain on the body. Yes, I'm happy to be a woman. There's enough to do!

Today I ate the festive meal at neighbors. It was a sort of pot luck meal. As soon as I was invited, I offered to bring a nice big vegetable soup, which I did. The other guests brought dessert, and our hostess prepared a delicious meal. I certainly couldn't ask for more.

Good Food and Good Friends!
Aren't they the most important things in life along with Good Health!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like the spirit of Purim is in full force there, very nice photos thanks for sharing

Batya said...

Sure is, thanks, double Purim is a level all its own.