Thursday, March 15, 2007

No pot tomato sauce!

I only cook one thing in my microwave; it's tomato sauce.

instant tomato sauce
This is how:
Put the following ingredients into a microwave bowl (I never measure):
  • tomato paste
  • cut onion
  • garlic, either granules or fresh
  • oil
  • water
  • salt and pepper and any other spices, optional according to your preference

Zap* it! Then mix, and you may need to zap it again. It depends on how you're going to be using it. If it's going to be added to other food for more cooking, then you need less "zaps." If it's served separately, then the onions should be soft.

I make it almost every week for a Pasta with Tomato Sauce side dish. I add it to already-cooked (left-over) pasta and then zap again.

*Remember that every microwave is different, so I'm not giving times and settings.

And a special reminder,

The Baleboosteh is working hard to give you the greatest Kosher Cooking Carnival yet! So please send in your links ASAP.

4 comments:

marallyn ben moshe said...

i love that...i don't cook in my micrwave either...i don't even use it to defrost stuff anymore...just to reheat...love this recipe...thanks for sharing...yahooooo snow

Batya said...

We do have so much in common. Must get together!

Taleena said...

Carnival of the Recipes Irish Edition

Dazy said...

I'm making this tonight. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!