Tuesday, March 13, 2007

f2f-ing again

I was at a beautiful and special wedding last night, no, sorry, no pictures, and I f2f-ed with Reb Nati, who lives in Eli. Generally we only meet up in cyberspace. This is probably our first real f2f. His wife and I "tremp" together on occasion.

I'm going to have to treat myself to a small camera for the events I can't schlepp the big one to. Yes, my new cellphone has a camera, but it's not the same. I ought to find out how to transfer the pictures from it to the computer, but still... A few times, I found myself viewing a scene, wishing I could "preserve it on disk." The phrase used to be "preserve it on film," but that's now passe`.

Actually the experts are predicting that the disks will deteriorate very quickly, and that old fashioned film/negatives and photo prints are much hardier than the disks and cyberspace.

During my last dvd shopping trip in NY, I picked up "My Fair Lady." In its "extras," in includes a documentary of how they rescued the movie from total deterioration. Now, how did I get on to this? It's rather distant from my original topic...

No comments: