Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Book Cleaning?"

The "Jewish Erma Bombeck" is Judy Gruen, the lady with the hat. I loved her "cleaning for Pesach" article. It really spoke to me.

Here's my comment:
:-) One day, my elder son (4th out of 5 kids) packed up all the childrens' books and hoisted them into the netherworld of the attic, never to be seen again. As high school graduates, he and his younger brother weren't interested in the "Complete works of Sesame street," "Tiny Pin," nor his sisters' "Madeline's Rescue." I haven't succeeded in rescuing them for the grandchildren! Luckily my mother, sister and a cousin have been buying new soft-cover copies of the classics, like "Caps for Sale" and more!

3 comments:

Batya said...

You can sign up for her articles.

Anonymous said...

I remember reading Caps for Sale over and over as a child! I should get my hands on a copy of that again.

Here via CoFL

Batya said...

A lot of those great classics are available again, of course, now it's all soft-cover.